Dean Lescher Center for the Arts
Landry & Bogan was hired in 1977 as part of the planning team for what became the Dean Lesher Center for the Arts, then retained again by BOOR/A Architects in 1986 for final building design. L&B helped produce the original project program, then went on to design stage lighting and rigging systems, provide seating layouts, audience sight-lines and general theatre consulting for the two theatres built during original construction. Landry & Bogan also provided the same services for the experimental third theatre finished in 1998. The center now has three theatres, with 800, 350 and 100+ seats, with a glass-fronted, two-story lobby, an art gallery, full support spaces, offices and more. The facility presents professional and local events, and has been a great success since opening day.
Design Award Of Excellence City of Walnut Creek, Action for Beauty Council, 1991
BOOR/A, Architect, Portland, Oregon
Scott Denison, General Mgr.
Dean Lesher Center,
1601 Civic Drive
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Robert Oringdulph, Principal, BOORA Architects, retired
720 SW Washington, Suite 800
Portland, OR 97205-3510
70,600 gross square feet
Construction costs $16.2 million
Bid September 1988
Opened October 1990